Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Penny for my thoughts... on Sketches!!!

Well, it's another day and I'm back with my thoughts on Sketches. I totally love sketches. I find them so easy to work with but I've been told by others that they have a really had time creating layouts with them. I totally think that it may be the tools in my stash that help me out. Want to know more of what I'm talking about? Well, let's start with my example - Always Be Yourself


I love how this page turned out. Want to see the sketch I used? Well, I found it on the Scrapbook & Cards Today Bonus Sketch Section.

Photobucket

Now to shake this sketch up a bit, I turned to my stash. I just love using shapers and such. For this sketch, I used Lauren Grier's Layered Up In You: Circles, Edges, Rounded and Waves. These little goodies are perfect for working with sketches.

Also, when working with sketches (or even templates for that matter) you can use all or any part of the original. With this layout, I rotated only half the sketch... I left the center portion the way it was.

So the next time you are looking for inspiration, don't be afraid to use a sketch... and look outside of what the elements are shown as.

Happy Scrapping!!!

2 comments:

  1. Love your post. Keep them coming. You have talent and would love to have your mind picked. :) So, keep them coming. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok, so I'm a total Tasha stalker.. I'll admit it. I just stare and stare at your LOs. love your style and the way you put it all together... omgosh.. I'm so jealous. wonderful inspiration you are.

    ReplyDelete